Monday, June 27, 2011

*SOAP MONSTERS* Tutorial



Here is a craft that is toddler and tired mommy friendly. We have a 2 year old son and a 3 year old girl and they LOVED this. Plus our poor wallets loved the price too.





Easy to find supply list:
soap (any kind, but I used glycerin for a easy cut)
glue (regular old white glue will do)
pen
knife
some google eyes



When dealing with toddlers who can pick a fight about whose 'whatever' is whose, I went ahead and drew a O for Olivia and a C for Cody on the back. Toddlers!



Then just give your little sculptor a pen and let them draw their creature on the soap. For an older kid this could be a very cool piece of art, mine just went bananas. 



If your kids are young like mine, you'll have to do this step yourself.  Just interpret the monsters shape and cut it out. The glycerin soap was sooo easy to cut. If you have an older kid this could be done by them with a butter knife.



All cut out! The kids REFUSED to have their picture taken during this craft. Not even the bribe of marshmallows and hot cocoa could persuade them.



Glue some eyes on and get your monster play going. Being a gal who HATES wasting, I just clumped up the extra soap and used it for hand washing at the kitchen sink. Us poor badgers waste not and want not.  =)



Thanks for reading!

Find us on Facebook here:




I'm partying with these crafty gals:

































































12 comments:

  1. That is a great craft! So easy and SO cheap! I'm going to have to do this with my 2 year old. :)

    Thank you for linking it up at Weekend Warrior!

    Anna
    www.askannamoseley.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is this?! I used to make this type of soap, and it never occurred to me to do anything like this! (of course, I didn't have a kid either) That's genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son would go nuts over these. I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/06/tuesday-confessional-link-party.html. I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So FUN!
    Thank you so much for sharing them at the link party ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to go. You are just to nifty. I'm thinking my kids would love this craft. http://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are super cute. I bet kids love them. Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks great fun, new follower here. Please pop by, Karima x
    www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! Thanks for linking up and sharing this with the Smart Summer Challenge!

    Fondly,
    pink and green mama
    MaryLea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the nice comments! I knew if my kids liked it others would too. BLESSED! =0)

    ReplyDelete